Author Topic: moaners  (Read 2686 times)

bobag999

• Novice
    • View Profile
moaners
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »
hello people newbie here I'm thinking of building a dna kit the thing i have found annoying when looking on youtube and some forums people keep saying this is wrong,thats wrong,its to long,short blaa blaa blaa. i bet these idiots don't own a ferrari or even a kit can you tell me if you get this negativity when out and about on the road ?

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: moaners
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »
Everyone seems pleased to have spotted that rare beast - a Ferrari!  ;D True, I can't hear the comments if I'm in the 5cudo, but in the 3Sixty they seem to go along the lines of "nice car, mate!" and various offers to swap for their mode of transport!
As for this or that being too big or small - no-one's getting their tape measure near the car if you're driving along...
I've had other cars stop to let me out, while I've been waiting at junctions... so I'd say that the reaction is favourable.

- tenpin

bobag999

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
Thats nice to hear looks like its nerds got nothing better to do thanks for that I will be at Newark show and see the real deal then decide on my build  ;D

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 01:14:05 PM »
... I will be at Newark show and see the real deal.....

That's great, do come and have a chat. As for "real deal", you've obviously read the past events pages on the forum - as well as proper DNA's we've even had some OEM versions turn up at Stoneleigh and Newark  ::)  ;D

- tenpin

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
Hi Bobag999,

I have to agree with Tenpin, Pretty much all comments when out and about are favourable. I had a kind gent offer to look after my car for me while i went into Tesco last week, another time having got out of the car to walk into McDonalds someone shouted, "How much did you pay to hire that for the day mate?"

It is highly ammusing, everytime you take one of these cars out, people shouting, gesturing, taking photos or videos. It's crazy!

The majority of people just don't know the likes of DNA exist and just assume it is the genuine article, and half still don't believe you when you tell them. As Tenpin says, i have also had people hold up traffic just to let me out at a junction instead of me having to wait, which can be a real bonus sometimes. I'm sure all owners will have similar stories.

As you say, people putting stupid comments on peoples youtube videos, just don't know what they are talking about and have nothing better to do.

You will be nothing other than impressed when you see the cars at Newark, and will be greeted warmly by the owners and DNA themselves.

Now you have the hard decission of what madel to build. ???

Good luck,

Beany ;D

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 10:21:06 PM »
Just make sure it's Beeny/Furrari YELLOW.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

bobag999

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »
 :D will have to see