Author Topic: Coilovers & Spacers question  (Read 3005 times)

paulcas

• View Profile
Coilovers & Spacers question
« on: August 14, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »
I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension on my DNA 360 to a decent set of adjustable coilovers. Are there any other forum members who have upgraded theirs and if so what make are they? Also happy to hear about other recommendations. I hear Meister R are good, is anyone using these?

Re spacers, silly question time but just wanted to know what sort of life expectancy these offer. The steel spacer I would imagime 4ever but what about the ali spacer. Can these become warped, loose strength?   

paulcas

• View Profile
Re: Coilovers & Spacers question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:45:20 PM »

No one??

Is everyone using the standard spring/strut set up?

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »
must be, I have on my previous 360 then 430 and now on my current build another 430.
I built several 355s some time ago and on one I fitted some adjustable Tein shockers, but even on softest setting I lost all my fillings from my teeth it was way too firm
MADMAN  8)

paulm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 08:31:33 AM »
Kw 's (variant 3) would work well, you can choose the spring value and have independent bump and rebound, not too expensive  either

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »
going to be using GAZ adjustable, advantage is they're just down the road to me, and can give me anything cause they're manufactured inhouse
D
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

paulcas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
must be, I have on my previous 360 then 430 and now on my current build another 430.
I built several 355s some time ago and on one I fitted some adjustable Tein shockers, but even on softest setting I lost all my fillings from my teeth it was way too firm
MADMAN  8)

do you think that's going to be the case for all coil overs? Just want to make the ride a tad more enjoyable  :)   

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 10:14:12 PM »
I dont know only ever tried Tein,
MADMAN 8)

Munkyking

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:53:22 AM »
You could try LEDA coil overs if you have the cash for them. They can be crazy expensive.
I had D2s on my classic suby with engine swap, then OEM STis but wanted to get back down in ten weeds again (hellaflush but functional) and ended up with a set of LEDAs. They are lower than the stock or lower STi spring and strut combo but ride better now they are set for um, old people / comfort. NOT CHEAP though! Mine came in at a shade over $2k!

Yellowthunder

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 09:10:50 PM »
Hi!
I have fitted the suspension from K-SPORT. You can adjust everything.  I have adjust it very soft, and it drives very very comfortable.

best regards from Germany

Manuel