Author Topic: Just starting the process  (Read 2742 times)

road-runner

• Novice
    • View Profile
Just starting the process
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:14:17 PM »
I have been looking at the DNA kits for sometime now and was at the Newark show Sunday and ordered a 430 kit.

I have purchased the doner car and plan to start the prep ready for the kit being available in 8 weeks, i am planning on fitting a V6 engine, the car i have purchased has a blown engine so cost next to nothing and will be ideal for the conversion.

I am also planning on fitting a brake caliper conversion during the kit build and would welcome any info on this in particular options of discs and calipers (i am working on the principle that i will need to make some brackets to hold the new brake calipers and seperate hand brake calipers
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:27:11 PM by road-runner »

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
Re: Just starting the process
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
hi road-runner

welcome to the forum and great news on the new build.have you any places for the v6 conversion ? woodsport offer one.

also did you check out howzas car at newark,he has a disc and caliper conversion,also madman is doing one on his new build.

theres plenty of info on here so ask away buddy and check out peoples builds,

goodluck with build and look forward to seeing a new build thread...

beemaman :)

road-runner

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Just starting the process
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
Yes, the coversion will be done by Woodpsort, i have been to the garage a couple of times and seen the quality of the work which is second to none. Paul at Woodsport has an unbeleivable amount of knowledge on the subject of MR2 conversions and has advised on the best option for what i am trying to acheive.

The sound and drive of the V6 coversion is excellent with loads of low end torque, i am unsure what to do on the exhaust as i am unclear as to the practicality of fitting the DNA exhaust to the Camry engine (i will sort this out as the build progresses) no doupt my run to DNA will provide an opertunity to look at some cars in work.

I started looking at the various kits available about a year ago and focused on the DNA as the best all round option even though the cost is higher than some of the other kits available.

I looked at the cars at Newark and the quality was excellent, i have no doupt i will be a regular contributor to the forum as i tend to complete a significant amount of reserch before getting going (hence 12 months looking before taking the plunge on ordering a kit)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:53:13 PM by road-runner »