Author Topic: Next on the line.....  (Read 4401 times)

Papa Ganush

• View Profile
Next on the line.....
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:41:09 PM »
I've been following DNA for quite a while, adore your 360 and admire your legal representatives (they must be pretty sharp to keep you lads safe from maranello!). Although i'm tempted to indulge in the spider i can't help wondering if a new project is on the horizon? Say....... an F 4thirty??!!  :o

Papa Ganush

• View Profile
Re: Next on the line.....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:21:50 AM »
I meant modena not maranello................. long day  :-\ lol

DNA AUTOMOTIVE

• The main dude's
    • View Profile
    • www.dnaautomotive.com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:47:37 AM »
It will be a while yet before we bring anything to the table we are working on 2 different projects and both we think at this point when they are finished will be sold first to existing customers and then to all, but we would not release a 4thirty yet and kill our 3sixty that would be wrong but who knows, well I suppose I do, don't mean to tease but I will say again it will be a while yet as we are so busy building cars for customers and trying to sort the other bits out on how to make components work etc on new kits. It takes a long time when trying to do it all. We have a bit of an agreement though that when the present turnkey orders we have in are done we are spending some time to get further development done. This will not though be finished stages of either projects just steps forward.
So if you are holding back to see whats next then your missing out as we cant say when!
DNA

Papa Ganush

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 12:31:34 PM »
Nice sales pitch lol!!! I'm joking! You wouldn't believe how teetering on the edge i actually am its just one thing holding me back (apart from the dubious girlfriend) and thats the fact that i've never heard the exhaust. Admittedly its my own fault for not coming up to see you guys but is there any way you could post a factory built turnkey exhaust on here? I know another guy has done but i wasn't too impressed by it (compared to the real deal) as he wasn't finished with it yet (he himself admitted this too so no disrespect meant). Also do you know if anyone has fitted a bigger engine to the car without too much trouble? I know a few guys are putting 3 litre engines into mr2 II in Oz but hadn't heard of any here only adding a turbo seems risky and disloyal!?

Munkyking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 07:01:10 PM »
There are some good noises to listen to on youtube - there are links on the video section of this site.
Also check out spyderchat.com
They have loads of engine swap info there (based mainly in the US) People have even put the new honda K20 engine in there.
Celica engine swaps seem to be the most common (like the one in the newer UK elises) and then all sorts of madness can be done to that.
Personally, while I'm being swayed by some to do engine mods... thanks funexec... I want to be going slow enough to be seen  ;D
If anyone wants to race, just laugh and turn up the tunes!!!!
In the US you can pick up a turbo for $4k. This will get you well onto the way to 200bhp (though not quite there)
0-60 in 7 seconds isn't exactly slow on the standard car so youre never going to be embarrased (unlike some of the VW beetle lambo kits of the 80's!!!)