Author Topic: Sir Sterling Moss told me today that he loved my 430 !!!!!!!!!  (Read 3694 times)

MANDELLS

• View Profile
Guys, i done the London to Brighton classic and kitcar run today in my 430, it actually started from Mercedes world Brooklands, The great Sir Sterling Moss was ther waving each individual car off, when my turn came he asked me how long i had owned it etc etc, i then revealed to him its a replica and he couldnt beleive it!! In fact his words were that it was one of the best looking cars If not THE BEST there today (there were 300!!!).

I was the only 430 there and even the guys in there "Real" ferrari's were asking if i wanted to ride convoy with them!!

When arriving at Brighton you were chequered flagged in then the announcer would do some commentry on your car, he started talking about mine, after approx 30 seconds i then realised he too thought it was genuine, i slowley lowered my window and silenghtly mouthed. "REPLICA" but he carried on talking about how much there worth and how beautifully built they are etc etc, Well i mouthed REPLICA once more to no avail and then just decided to go withit !!!!

Great day allround( bit expencive though at £87 to enter)

Looking forward to Bromley pagent next week now, anybody going..????

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:34:03 AM by MANDELLS »

davidmimay

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Sterling Moss told me today that he loved my 430 !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
Wow, what an honor. And so funny when you say: "replica" and the guy don't want to hear you jajaja. Great anecdote.

paulcas

• View Profile
Re: Sir Sterling Moss told me today that he loved my 430 !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:23:16 PM »

.....................Looking forward to Bromley pagent next week now, anybody going..????

I'll be there in my yellow 360 in the "one make" section. Hopefully they've agreed to set up a "Replica" area as requested. I believe tenpin plans to be there also.  8)