Author Topic: DNA 3Sixty Ferrari 360 kit car Build :-)  (Read 167999 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DNA 3Sixty Ferrari 360 kit car Build :-)
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 08:16:26 PM »
just bent some metal in the garage. These are to hold the door handles in place. I will be adding a little bit of glass fiber but this is to just hold the brackets in place. I will be drilling a hole in them and putting a rivnut in there. I will also be putting 4 or 5 to fix it to the door card. I will make another tab like bracket which will hold the handle to the door frame. This wont be screwed but you will just slip the handle over it when putting it in place.. I hope.

Pics :-)

Steve
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:28:23 AM by CdRsKuLL »
The fat one..

dorige56

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 07:48:44 AM »
steve, it is really work well done! congratulation!! and for the sound I find it very good, it is impressive! and as say it loonielex you are really a lucky man to catch soon your car! pascal :o
SALUT DE FRANCE !!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »
spent a few hours playing with the doorcard. Its nearly finished now, only abit to trim and tidy up now. I moved the door rest an inch forward so I could use a nut thats already in the door to hold a bracket I made. You then use the hold in the door handle to secure that and also to the bracket I made which is attached to the door frame. I will get some more pic's tomorrow of how I did it, but this is how its looking at the momnet.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:28:38 AM by CdRsKuLL »
The fat one..

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 07:29:45 AM »
Well been down there afew times this week. Doorcards are nearly ready now for paint and leather. I will be taking them down on Monday for this I think. My seats have been stripped and are ready for leather. I will be going to see my trim guy today to confirm leather / style etc..  My car should be in primer by the end of this week :-) Its getting closer !

Steve
The fat one..

marazi

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 07:23:48 PM »
hey :)

so awsome to follow your project, cant wait to see progress :)

good luck :)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »
ok a step closer now. The bonnets on and all aligned up and its been pinned now ready for spraying. The doors aer off ready for spraying and the last bit if bodywork is being done to the car before it goes into primer :-) below are a few pic's. I made some tiny brackets to hold all my grills inplace today. These are the ferrari ones, the mesh grills I will most likely just sticker flex in as they would be replaced if needed and are only cheap unlike the ferrari ones.

Really enjoying the build and learning lots as I go along. I also wired up the rear lights yesterday. Quite easy but they are negitive switched so confused me for 5 mins. Door cards go to the trimmer tomorrow.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:29:05 AM by CdRsKuLL »
The fat one..

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »
Well went down there today. The guys are really doing a top job on my car, defo picked a good'un for a change. Well I managed to sort of get my front light holders done. The just need all sticking together now.

O yeah heres a pic of there 355 they have just sold.. the finish on it is out of this world :-)

ps sorry about the slight blur bit on the bottom.. thats my finger. DOOH !

Wont be there again till next week, busy with the family

Steve
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:29:30 AM by CdRsKuLL »
The fat one..

loonielex

• Still saving!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 10:29:12 PM »
Hi steve

I am just soooo jealous of you just now :'( are you going to have a big shock in a weeks time,i.e. all painted in lovely red!

Just to cheer myself up, i have heard that my new companys owner is mad on cars!(havent met him yet)
And that he's usually got his racing cars in for painting at work and when i mentioned about bringing my own "future" project in was told not a problem ;D So i feel a freeby coming :-X

I know it's only a little good news but think of the saving!

Anyway well done keep going and don't suppose you know the code for grigorio silverstone do you?

Andy

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 08:58:17 AM »
The was a paint code floating about somewhere, will have a look for you. I got them LED's thanks loads. I am going to put afew of the white ones in the footwells I think and link them to the interior light. The cable for this runs up the passanger piller if anyone else is interested. I am also going to add some red ones to the inside of the door handle sowhen your lights are on you can see where the handle is. There rear deck will be getting some but still undecided how many and where. :-)

Glad you have somewhere to work on your car, it makes all the difference. The guys at the paintshop have said I can finish mine off there so I'm really pleased and thankfull for this as its so much easier to work on it then in my tiny garage.

Once its been painted it should come together quite quickly, within a week most likely as all the lights and stuff will be done ready for fitting.

not long now :-)

Steve
The fat one..

sbsport23

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 08:51:23 PM »
Any updates?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 10:51:26 PM »
I was down there wednesday, just dropped off the last few bits needed that I collected from DNA in the morning. It was in primer and had been rubbed down ready for spray. Unsure if they will have painted it red yet or not but its very soon.

I also got some more mesh grill stuff as the first lot I got wasnt a true diamond shape. This new stuff is better and smaller so should be just the job (�18). I also called into the local Ford Garage and ordered some weather strips. I will post there part number once I confirmed there the correct ones (�22).

So.. things are getting there now. Got all the bit now sorted so its just time.. few weeks maybe and I might be sitting in it at a set of lights :-) O I also got some Xenon H7 upgrade lights 4300 brightness. These are just plug and play so very easy to fit.

anyway couple of pics

Should get down there Monday next.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:30:11 AM by CdRsKuLL »
The fat one..

Munkyking

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 12:01:18 AM »
CdRsKuLL
Looks like it's going to be sex on a stick!
Keep posting those pics - it's keeping me saving the pennies and working through the frustrations!
Munkyking

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 10:22:38 AM »
CdRsKuLL
Looks like it's going to be sex on a stick!
Keep posting those pics - it's keeping me saving the pennies and working through the frustrations!
Munkyking

when is your kit arriving ? Should be sometime soon shouldnt it ?
The fat one..

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 03:10:40 PM »
Well got a bit of a shock when I arrived today at the paintshop.. ITS RED. They worked on it over the weekend and manged to get all the paint on it. Now there rubbing it all flat to get it nice and VERY shinny. Below are a couple of pic's. I spent today fixing the grills and rear glass to my boot which will save lots of time after its painted and will also minimise the risk of scratching it.

Here are the pics. Sorry the colours a little washed out, thats my camera phone for you.

Will get the rear grills and window all sorted tomorrow and then I will cut soe more grills out ready.

more to come

Steve
The fat one..

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »
The fat one..